Week 6: TOPIC ONE

In previous blogs I have discussed my lack of interest and desire to read and watch the news. Even though that is true, I do still have some sources of news. I currently live in Bend, Oregon so the local news channel is where I get my local news. The news channel is KTVZ: Click here for website. The local news is somewhat important to my daily life, as this channel normally reports on weather, accidents, road closures, or other events. Normally these stories are posted on Facebook through mutual friends as well. I suppose I have never questioned the credibility or accuracy of these stories, as they are normally local drug bust or car accidents. I personally do not pay or have online subscriptions for any news sources. I do not want to pay, as I do not enjoy the news. Although it may be in my best interest to start supporting a local news channel for the local support alone, as well as to enhance my understanding of local and global news.
Once again, I am not very informed on events in my community and society. As a matter of fact I would probably rate myself as a two in my confidence level. The reason I even gave myself a two is due to the fact I am aware of local crime events, such as the most recent drug bust or break ins. For example five people were arrested in a SE drug raid, click here for article. Despite my lack of interest in the news, it is important to me to be well informed, I just have not taken the steps to do so. I have the goal to become more involved and educated in what is happening in our society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

WikiLeaks

Week 9 Topic 2- Campus Radio